Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony. ~ Thomas Merton

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Step By Step

Every goal can be broken into mini goals. Mini goals should never be too difficult or too long. You don’t want to be overwhelmed by them.

Ask yourself: “What steps do I need to take to achieve my goal?"

- Goal Setting Course,
Step 6

I've been a bit remiss in following my goal setting journey.  No worries, getting back on track.

So this is the step that answers a lot of questions about the first step, setting the goal.  The goal, the pot of gold at the end of my rainbow, is achieved step by step.  Putting one foot in front of the other, doing one thing at a time.

My monthly goals will count as my mini-goals.  The actual things I need to do to progress me towards the ultimate goal of becoming excellent in my horsemanship.

I have pulled out my nice notebook.  I've not quite gotten to the stage of writing down on paper.  Things have been busy and topsy-turvy the last few days.  Things should be better this coming week.

No comments: