Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony. ~ Thomas Merton

Friday, May 11, 2012

Catching Up

I don't even want to look and see how long it's been since I last posted.

So much has happened in the last two months.  I'm not going to hit all the details because I really would like to do some individual posts.  But here are some highlights.

At the end of March, I took a huge leap outside my comfort zone and took Cricket to the Carolina Parelli Jamboree in Huntersville, NC.  It was challenging on many levels but it turned out to be a truly amazing experience.

For several months, I have been yearning for a place of my own.  A near perfect possibility fell apart but out of the ashes of disappointment, I found an even better opportunity.  I have signed a contract and secured financing and now we are into the details of inspection and appraisal.  If all goes well, I'll be closing at the end of June and moving into my very first house.  Did I mention it has 6.2 acres of land?  And that it's partially fenced?  And you know what that means . . .

In the middle of all the excitement of my new house, I almost forgot about Super Camp.  Five days of instruction with Carol Coppinger and her team of amazing assistant instructors along side more than thirty other students and their horses.  Having just returned Wednesday night, I'm still recovering.  I came away with a deeper appreciation for my horse, for how far we've come and where we need to go now.

Not sure when I'll be able to post the next installment.  Grad school should be starting up soon.  I need to begin packing my house up.  Oh, and there's that little thing called "my job" that pays for it all.  But I'll try to write about super camp as soon as possible.

No comments: