Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony. ~ Thomas Merton

Friday, October 9, 2009

You Rang?

The overall theme of our camp was responding with relaxation. A big part of this is the lick and chew and asking questions.

Something I found with Cricket - she doesn't ask questions nearly as often as I think she does. Unless she looks at me, it's not a question. Hmm, how interesting.

We've done "get a scratch, come and get more." But she does this without looking at me. I wonder if this is all tied to her growing lack of confidence in my leadership? I've stopped paying attention to the small details and it's eroding my leadership.

When Carol started pushing me on this issue, I began to see how much Cricket insists upon affection or expects scratches but doesn't actually engage in a conversation with me. I've truly become STAFF.

I don't know if they were related, but the day I really started to see this, I had the most amazing Liberty session with Cricket.

Sometimes we need to sweat the small stuff because the devil is in the details.

No comments: