Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony. ~ Thomas Merton

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

And the Results Are In . . .

The email confirmation I received from Parelli indicated it would be 3-4 weeks before I would get the results of my Liberty audition.

It took a week. I opened my email yesterday and there, sitting in my Inbox, was a message from "Audtion" entitled "L3 Liberty Results." My heart skipped a beat.

I passed. With an overall score of 3++. I don't think I've stopped grinning.

Below is my scorecard:


In the comments section, the assesor wrote: Great audition Lisa, It was a pleasure to watch. You have great Rapport & an excellent connection with your horse. Nice close range spins . . . well done.

The assessor made a comment about Cricket's expression. I don't necessarily agree - I thought her expression was fine. But it's not big deal - the video quality wasn't the greatest and there were moments where Cricket had a bit of a grouchy attitude. I wasn't overly assertive with her because I was aware of the discomfort in her feet and the problems with her alignment. Overall, I don't know if I could be happier.

If you didn't see the video, here it is - just an impromptu shoot of a typical play session . . .

5 comments:

Naturally Gaited said...

Congratulations!!

Dreamer said...

Congratulations Lisa! Your L3 Liberty audition was beautiful. What a connection you have with Cricket. The 360 degree turns were impressive and your perfect timing in "pushing" and "pulling" Cricket's Zone 1 for the Figure 8 were an inspiration to me. I'm sure you are still flying high today!

Lisa said...

Cricket has just started offering quality spins. Something I saw in a clinic really helped break it down and make it all make sense. The F8 is not Cricket's favorite pattern - in fact she used to do the whole thing with flattened ears. I'm just so happy with everything she did!

Tina said...

Lisa,
Your audition was super!! I was very impressed at how you were willing to see and accept what she was offering, even if it wasn't what you intended. I was also impressed to see how much you rewarded her and how calm and easy the whole thing looked. Now I have something to aspire to! Thanks for sharing!
Tina

Lisa said...

Cricket and I have a very give and take relationship. If I want her to feel good about what I'm asking, I cannot be critical about what she offers. I also have come to understand that 99.9% of what doesn't work is because I haven't set it up correctly - mentally, emotionally or physically.

Just a few short months ago she would bolt from me when she felt the slightest bit of "pressure". And now what we have is simply beautiful.