Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony. ~ Thomas Merton

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Falling In Love

Every day I spend with Cricket, I fall more in love with my beloved girl. I cannot put my finger on when things changed from frustration to fascination; from fear to fun. Six months ago I was ready to retire her and get out of horses all together. Today, I cannot wait to see her and find out where the next bend in the road will take us.

Cricket and I are at such a wonderful place in our relationship. I feel the trust developing between us. I feel that Cricket is becoming more mature and more emotionally fit. I finally feel I'm at a place where I can work on me and not be constantly worried about her.

I titled my blog Violating Principle #7 because that particular Parelli principle talk about "horses teach humans; humans teach horses." The idea is that a novice rider should choose an experienced horse. I blew right through that when I bought Cricket as an unstarted 2 yr old. I cannot help but feel, however, that I bought the exact right horse for me. Cricket has pushed me to accomplish things I never dreamed possible. She has been patient and tolerant even when I didn't realize it. She has imparted more to me in the past six years than I could every hope to teach her. I am honored to have her as my partner. I am blessed to have her in my life. I am a better person because of her. I love her so very much.

No comments: