Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony. ~ Thomas Merton

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Resting Awhile

It's been a long time since I last posted anything.  I don't think it matters.

My adventures with my little farm continue to grow.  The farm has grown in size with the addition of eight more acres.  I also have two rescued Anatolian Shepherds calling the place home.  I have, for the most part, discarded the tongue-in-cheek moniker of White Trash Farm and officially renamed it Serendipity Farm.  Or as my friend likes to call it "Happy Accident Farm."

All the changes and added responsibilities have pushed my horsemanship further and further to the edge of my plate.  I have found myself missing the time I used to spend with Cricket before it was all about mowing and harrowing and mowing and feeding and mowing and mucking and mowing.  Did I mention mowing?  And sometimes I catch her looking at me and I swear there is part of her that misses it as well.

Part of my goal for this year is to go back to a place where I can connect with my horse and we can share, once again, in the partnership that we have built over the last eleven years.

I have not given up.  I've just been resting awhile.


No comments: