Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony. ~ Thomas Merton

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Busy Busy Beaver

Busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest.

That's the phrase that comes to mind when I look at my calendar for the next month. My hectic schedule is further complicated by the proverbial other stuff.

I have been in a lot of emotional turmoil. Cricket's recent bout of headshaking has reminded me that this is not something we cure but rather something we manage. Becky's decision to end sweet Bolder's suffering has stirred up memories of losing my Moose. There are things going on with my Dad and I'm not sure how to react.

Usually the weeks leading up to camp are filled with tack cleaning, rope washing, horse bathing and personal packing. Not so this time. Last weekend I hosted a weekend of lessons with a 1* Trainee Instructor and she's coming back in a few days to do it all over again. Next weekend I'm riding in a Centered Riding Clinic. It was an opportunity that just came up and I decided to take it. The Friday after that I leave for a four day L3/4 camp at Carol Coppinger's farm in Mt. Juliet.

What the hell was I thinking? When am I going to get everything ready? It's not really about looking pretty for camp. It's about actually having everything ready and together. Cricket needs a bath and good grooming. My saddle, brushes and ropes need to be cleaned.

Ugh! Guess I will be too busy to worry about camp. Heck, by the time I leave for camp, I'll be so worn out that I'll be too tired to be nervous about camp. Cricket and I might have our best clinic ever!

No comments: