Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony. ~ Thomas Merton

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 9: Starting Back Slowly

So I'm back from Columbus - more on that later. I'm ready to get back into my program with my girls. But not too quickly.

Yesterday was the epitome of lazy days. I don't know that I made it off my couch until I finally decided I needed to go to Target. At 5pm.

I did get out to the barn at nearly 9:00 last night. Not much time or energy for playing. But I fed everyone and just spent some quiet time with Bleu and some scratchy time with Cricket.

For Cricket, any time is a good time for me to focus solely on her needs. Would you expect less from a completely self-confident, totally left-brain introvert? I think not. Bleu, on the other hand, is more reserved and just a little guarded. Trying to groom her while she ate caused her to walk away from her food. Hmm, how interesting. I moved her food further from the door and retreated so she could finish her dinner.

I turned all the horses out and, as has become her custom, Cricket stayed back until she had me all to herself and then came in for her scratches. I'm finding it interesting how she is working a little harder for my attention now that "Big Sis" is in the picture.

Today I plan on getting back to more serious play. I learned some things this weekend that I think will help me with both horses. I promise to post on the tour event when I have a bit more time and my notes in front on me.

No comments: