Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony. ~ Thomas Merton

Monday, August 29, 2011

And Then Again, Maybe Not

Well as it often happens, the best laid plans have gone astray.  But it's all good.

I've decided not to move Cricket.  I don't know who's more relieved - me, the barn owners or all the other folks who come to the barn.

I've worked out an arrangement where Cricket will have 24/7 pasture access and I will be able to offer free access to hay in a slow-feed environment. This set-up will be shared with another boarder - a sweet, goofy gelding named Dillon.  Dillon's owner is 100% on board with this and I think it is going to work out just fine.

It's funny how things just seem to be working all towards the good lately.  The stress and the anxiety seems to be melting away and I see the sunshine more and more these days.

Cricket is still lethargic and I think it's going to take some time to work out the anemia issue.  Fixing her forage will be a major first step and then we can go from there.

This will be a fun adventure and I'm still looking it as a learning opportunity to begin taking ownership for the care and stewardship of my horse in preparation for the day I bring her to my own farm.

No comments: