Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony. ~ Thomas Merton

Monday, August 15, 2011

Making Decisions

I have made the incredibly difficult decision to send Bleu back to her guardian.

I am so fortunate to have had her in my life.  She is an amazing mare and she deserves more than I can give her at this time in my life.

It's hard to put into words what I'm thinking and feeling right now.  The past several months have been unbelievably stressful for a variety of reasons.  In trying to keep all the plates spinning, I'm running myself into the ground.  The time has come to make some difficult choices.

In her short time with me, Bleu taught me so much.  She helped me see that being a leader is far more effective than trying to be a leader.  She taught me to see myself more clearly, both my strengths and weaknesses.  She graced me with her gentle spirit and her sweet kindness.

Though this ends in a way I never imagined, I am forever grateful she came into my life.  Every aspect of my life has been affected by her and I thank her for the gifts she gave me.

I thank God she has a soft place to land and I hope, with all my heart, she finds the place she belongs.  She deserves it.


2 comments:

Tina said...

Decisions like that are always hard to make. You DID learn a lot from her, though, and she'll always have a home in your heart!

Lisa said...

It's just one of many I need to make. Some are big decisions and, in a way, are easier to make than the habits I need to change. But some things just have to give.