Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony. ~ Thomas Merton

Monday, July 19, 2010

A Balancing Act

I have learned that when I am out of integrity with my soul then I am out of balance with my potential. ~ Malathy Drew
Wow!  I discovered this quote on Lauren Lee's Women's U blog.  I've been talking to Lauren about horse stuff and I just realized she's the same Lauren Michelle blogged about in a recent post.  It's such a small world.

So I popped over to Lauren's site and was hit, not literally but quite figuratively, over the head with the above quote.

I feel my life is out of balance.  I am unmotivated and uninspired.  And I don't like it.  But I'm not sure what to do about it.  Though my remarkably clean kitchen was a tonic to my troubled soul, the chaos that rules the rest of my life significantly weakens the effect.

I need to find balance.  I need to find the peace that gives me space to be who and where I want to be.

I am confused about the direction of my horsemanship.  Clare has posted her thoughts (here's the first, here's the second) on horse/human relationship and it's got me thinking.  Just what is it that I want from my relationship with Cricket and Bleu?  And how do I best achieve that over-arching goal?

I think it's time for some honest soul searching.

No comments: